I have been in New York for about three weeks now and I am almost, sort of settled in. Working full time and going to school full time have not made it easy to get settled in as efficiently as I’d like, but I have a place to call home and a pillow to lay my head on.
So much has happened in three weeks, I can’t possibly begin to detail all of it. Just off the top of my head, here are some things that I think are worth mentioning.
- Pantyhose are not just for old(er) women. They do actually serve a purpose.
- Moving is draining. Moving to a whole new state is a whole new level of draining.
- Dry weather is no joke. Get a humidifier.
- People go out late in Miami. New Yorkers take it to a whole new level.
- There is such a thing as a “New York minute”.
- The subway isn’t always as reliable as you think. There is usually always some kind of delay due to construction. Especially on the weekends.
- Grocery shopping is…well, let’s just say that I miss Publix.
- Bored? That’s impossible in New York.
It’s late. I’ll think of a few other things later…picture updates soon.